Summer Camp 2021
NEW!!. Limited spots for June 7th, June 28th Robotics camp with our new 'Borrow a Robot for the week' program
Multi Camp Options (Mix n Match)
Our hope is to have Camps in person, where students bond and play in the large fields outside along with learning inside. However, the safety of our students and staff is of paramount importance for us. We will move our camps back to physical location ONLY if absolutely safe to do so as per state and city guidelines. With 5+ years of experience teaching virtual classes, we create one of The Most Engaging Virtual Learning Environments for your child. We conducted all Virtual Camps last summer with students in small groups to maintain the excitement and learning value of in-person camps.
STEAM Summer Camps
The universe of learning, brought to your home!! Here's how we do it.
With 5+ years of experience running virtual classes, we will create the most engaging learning journey for your child.
We use Google Classroom + Zoom + Online Breakout Rooms to make the online class experience the smoothest possible.
Coaches involve all students in plenty of discussion and proactively check in frequently with each and every student.
We do not let the absence of proximity come in the way of delivering highly effective classes. Our coaches are trained in keeping students focused, making sure they are following and constantly adjust pacing to make sure they stay on their learning path. Every program we plan with a lot of thought, and we execute with a lot of heart and patience.
NEW!! Tech Leadership Option
After reading the Camp Descriptions, if you feel your child has expertise in all the Coding & Tech Camps we have (or has done all our camps before)..click on the button below to check out the amazing Tech Leadership Camp. Your child might even earn some money from that camp.
(no more than 10 per group)
Coding, Robotics, and Technology
In one of the most innovative and prolific Technology Summer camps, not only will campers learn coding but will be inventing and leading the path in technology creation, with the guidance of our experienced coaches. They will go through a multi-faceted creative journey.
All our technology camps are customized for Beginners and Advanced programmers with a variety of challenges based on prior programming experience of campers...each week has new programs and challenges so repeat campers will get all new materials every week.
We promise you smiles all around!!!
3D Modeling, Design and Game Coding in Roblox
Design 3D models, city structures, mystical creatures, flying vehicles and more in the Roblox gaming environment. Simple - Intermediate Coding in the programming language Lua to integrate with the designed game environment. Integrate obstacle courses, adventure games into their 3D models. A great combination of design and coding for students to develop their creative problem solving skills. They will have a blast!!
Design and Coding content
- Designing 3D game arenas including Obby's.
- Simple to Advanced Coding in Lua to make the game come alive.
- Invite friends to play your game.
Game and Animation Programming in Scratch
Campers build games, animations and applications using MIT's Scratch platform and see creations come to life immediately in front of their eyes. Campers will build a myriad of different games from Space pursuits to Wizard battles.... Innovative Ball games to logic puzzles using the simple yet amazingly powerful Scratch Platform. Challenges to keep both Beginner and Advanced programmers engaged and learning.
Advanced: Our Advanced Scratch program boasts a highly engaging curriculum designed for experienced programmers. If you think Scratch is just simple block coding, think again. In the Advanced Game Programming curriculum, your experienced programmer child will learn many sophisticated algorithms to build ultimate challenging games like the Harry Potter Wizarding battle, the Wingardium Leviosa where you cast custom spells based on custom waves of the wand and much more. A great program to learn advanced Game Design logic in a very comfortable platform designed by MIT.
Design and Coding content
- Conceptualizing an idea and implementing with Code
- Simple to complex games
- Short animation movies
- Using library of sprites and background and designing custom characters.
- Simple, Repeat & Nested Loops, Variables for data tracking and as triggers, broadcast messaging, defined custom functions.
- Sequential and Parallel processing of code.
- Content customized by age group from Grades 1 and Up.
- Error identification, Debugging and problem solving
Web site Design and Development
Students learn HTML and Rapid Development tools to build a fully functioning and live website with multi page navigation, embedded pictures, videos, links to internal and external pages etc. They will learn all the basic skills needed to be able to build any kind of website in the future with many practical uses (like organizing their study links, managing calendars and events to share with parents etc).
- Text Formatting
- Background Colors
- Image integration
- Table creation and modification
- Linking to internal and external pages
Rapid Web Dev Tools
- Design balance between images and text and Third's rule
- Animated text
- Visitor counter
- Embedded sites, images, videos
- Buttons and hyperlinks to internal and external pages
Advanced students will branch out into learning and applying Cascading Style Sheets in their website.
Robotics & Coding
In Person: Code and solve numerous logical challenges, obstacle courses with the Lego EV3 Mindstorm, Lego Robot Inventor, mBots, Ozobots.
A technology program that blends Coding with Hardware with a focus on iterative learning. A machine's reaction to code is not always consistent and students learn how to improvise and manage around machine imperfections when extracting desired behavior through Code.
Students learn about multiple sensors including touch, color, distance, gyro and integrate them to create multiple simulations like the robotic vacuum, color code driven navigation, accelerating and decelerating car, and much much more.
A free form camp for beginners and advanced programmers to learn the fundamentals and complex algorithms of robotics and developing innovative movements, applications and solutions to challenges. Campers can expect challenges they have never seen before that can only be solved using their keen Vulcan sense of logic and programming prowess. Challenges include those expected in tournaments like FLL, etc.
Virtual (Vex - VR / Virtual Lego Mindstorm):
Students have access to controlling all the usual components of a Robot (motors, multiple sensors), in a virtual environment. The playground is virtual, the games equally challenging and creative.
NEW!! Week of June 7th offers a loaner mBot Robot!! Greater Charlotte Residents only.
NEW!! Week of June 28th offers a loaner Lego EV3 Mindstorm Robot!! Greater Charlotte Residents only.
Mobile Apps Design and Coding with MIT App Inventor
Campers design and develop fully functional mobile apps and games that they can install on their phones plus share with family and friends. Using simple yet powerful tools, campers proudly design and develop fully functional Android apps. They will amaze you with their creativity in this program that has campers building all new apps at both beginner and advanced levels. Students will become self sufficient in building apps and various inbuilt phone sensors like accelerometer, orientation sensor, GPS, camera etc.
Our students have branched out to win many coding competitions and published apps on the app store. Your child will come out of this camp with sufficient exposure and knowledge to continue their journey independently and build many mobile apps with practical use.
Electronic Circuit Design and Programming
Rising Grades 6-9: Design and Configure fully functioning electronic circuits on a Virtual Arduino and program using the Arduino-C language to make functioning prototypes of consumer utility products and games. Students learn fundamentals of electronic circuits including LEDs, temperature sensors, light sensors, switches, cathodes, anodes, analog & digital signals while coding in C.
Rising Grades 3 - 5: Design fully functioning electronic circuits on a Virtual Arduino while learning the fundamentals of coding using logic blocks. Not only will campers get exposure to Science and Technology but will apply their creativity as they apply the fundamentals of electronics in designing practical circuits.
Rising Grades 1 - 2: Students use plug and play electronics to build fully functioning simulations of various practical electronics including wind-energy mills, solar stations, alarms, flood warning systems and much more. Students learn about switches, open & closed circuits, voltage & current among other concepts while building fully functioning electronic products.
Game and Application Development in Python
Campers learn one of the most popular professional programming platforms today as they develop Games and Applications using Python. This is a beginner friendly camp for students in rising grades 6 and up, but also suitable for rising 5th graders with prior programming experience. Campers will start their journey on one of the most prolific computer programming platforms that are used by professionals in many industries as they design many graphic games and applications.
For rising grades 6+ Or rising 5th graders with significant prior programming experience
Python - Read More
Animation Movies using Scratch
Campers pour their imagination into their creative work of fiction while building an animated movie using MITs Scratch programming platform. They learn about the nuances of computer graphics and creating movements, special effects and smooth story lines using the Scratch platform. Humor, Sci-fi, Animal Kingdom...possibilities are endless. A unique camp combining Computer Programming, Storytelling and Film making.
Campers build multiple interactive games and applications as they learn one of the most powerful web scripting languages. This camp will give them a real world flavor of what goes behind many of the web applications they experience in their daily lives. Plus they will leave the camp with enough knowledge to continue their learning at home in their path to become independent programmers.
- Beginner Friendly
- Simple Applications and Games involving animations using x-y coordinates, collision detection, timers, scoring, levels.
- Code Encryption/decryption algorithms as they learn about cyber security and secure messaging.
- Document Object model
- Manipulating Color, Size, Background, Images, Shapes
- Simple, conditional, and nested loops
- Function definition and Function calls
2D/3D Game and Virtual Reality Development in Unity and C-Sharp
The ultimate game development platform. Campers will build simple but high-quality 3D games in Unity and C-Sharp, that can be installed and played across mobile devices, desktop or the web. This is one of the most popular platform to build 3D games. Complete package to build games with cutting edge cinematic graphics, animations and rich functional integrations. Campers will also learn the essentials of a Virtual Reality application and associated coding techniques. It will be fascinating!!
- Beginner Friendly
- Simple 2D and 3D Games involving animations using x-y-z coordinates, physics, light effects, collision detection, reticle, Virtual Reality adaptation, timers, scoring, levels.
- Games include Platformers, First Person Bug Shooter, Space battles, etc.
- 2D, 3D Game arena design including efficiently re-using design objects
- Using Unity Asset libraries
- C-Sharp: linking design objects with code variables, standard starting functions, Vector3 coordinate manipulation, simple and nested loops, functions
Campers will create amazing works of art including picturesque landscapes, floating logos, black and whites and so much more. Their creativity will get unbridled wings in this unique program combining design and technology all in one week of incredible learning and fun. The camp will teach them all the skills to be a digital designer with unlimited opportunity for application of individual creativity.
- 3D Logo Design
- Photo Editing: Black and White Conversion, Enhancements: Luminosity, Color, Filters
- Parametric Brushes, Curves, Layers
3D Design & Printing
Starting with the basics, students will learn skills of conceptualizing, designing, implementing creative works of 3D Art. They will then upload their creations for printing, the final product will be mailed to them.
Students will learn
- Designing basic and complex shapes
- Combining and gluing shapes together
- Efficient printing by distributing pieces vs building all at once
- Creating hollow shapes, slicing shapes and more.
PSAT, Math Madness, & Creative Writing (for Elementary, Middle, and High School).
Give your child a significant head start to the next school year with our camps that are designed to stimulate creative thinking, fun and learning by building skills and strategies on Math. Catch up on lost ground or get ahead before the new school year starts.
In Math Madness, your child will advance in concepts well ahead of time that will make their school year a breeze and they can keep advancing in their own pace. Brush up on concepts that your child may need to get additional clarity on, as they build a solid platform in Math prior to school start. In one of the most engaging learning environments, your child will not only develop strong Math fundamentals but build on their confidence.
Now offering Beast Academy curriculum (from the Art of Problem Solving organization)
Click HERE for weekly content details of afternoon Math Madness Camps for Grades 1 - 8.
Registration in 4 week groups (1) June 14 - July 9. (2) July 12 - Aug 6
High School Math Advancement Camps
This summer your child can choose from multiple High School Math courses and complete the entire curriculum in the summer.
Math-1 (9th grade), Math-2, Math-3, Pre-Calculus. Read more HERE.
Campers will swim through the imagination filled world of creative writing on a variety of topics. Students will create works of fiction including mystery, fantasy, science fiction and more as they learn intricacies of planning, applying language styles of similes, metaphors, descriptive words etc, and develop effective and creative written communication skills.
The variety of our programs are designed to keep campers challenged whether they attend one or multiple weeks.
Topics range from Fiction, Fantasy, Persuasive, Humor and more.
Students will learn the iterative steps of the writing process:
- High level plan.
- Next level plan involving scenes, actors, conflicts, resolutions.
- Plan and write the introduction, body, and conclusion
- Develop habits of continuous refinement of language style using descriptive words, similes, metaphors, idioms.
PSAT 8/9 Prep Camps
A 6 week immersion on English and Math for the PSAT 8/9. Click HERE for details.
Public Speaking and Oratory
Students will develop the great habits and strategies of public speaking including timed eye contact, projection, effective body language, art of inflection and enunciation. They will develop the art of organizing and pacing their thoughts in a more effective delivery. We have been conducting very effective Online Public Speaking classes after the COVID lock down.
- Multiple public speaking games, planned speeches (short and long), tv anchor interviews, and more.
- We create comfortable and friendly environments with tons of encouragement for each student to expand their comfort level in public speaking.
- Students grow with continuous feedback from coaches and their peers.
- Tons of smiles, laughter, high fives, and more smiles.
Science & Engineering 'A-HA' Box
We bring the Science and Engineering camp to your home - in a box. The 'A-HA' Box delivers all the ingredients for hands on science and engineering experiments directly to your home.
A program designed by STEM professionals, it's a innovative combination of experimentation based learning, collaborative discussions and asking a whole bunch of WHY's, HOW's, WHAT-IF's. If you have a curious child, our Science camp will lead them into a fantastic learning journey.
A few highlights (our breadth of Science has a wide variety of learning experiments, more than we can list):
- Deep dive into airplanes and flights. Bernoulli's principle.
- Experiment and learn the unique properties and differences between Newtonian and Non Newtonian Fluids.
- Viscosity of fluids.
- Magnetic induction.
- Nucleation & concentration of pressure in Diet Coke - Mentos experiment.
- Chromatography and the separation of colors.
- Science behind Slime, Elephant's Toothpaste and more.
- Explore properties of metals and electrolyte interactions to create electricity.
- Experiment and learn how soap works, with magic milk.
- Edible science experiments to explore concepts, create edible compounds (think edible water bottles even) and then eat them!!
- Extract DNA and build an edible DNA model.
- Compare and analyze Bacteria growth from different samples. Is the kitchen sink cleaner than a toilet bowl??
- Analyze soil nutrients and explore soil microbes (are they good or bad).
- Wind driven car.
- Pasta bridge.
- Light Up Greeting card.
- Egg-straw-ordinary contraptions.
- Rubber band helicopter.
Escape Rooms Medley
Custom and age appropriate digital escape room games where students have to put on their best logical thinking and problem solving hat to crack codes, interpret clues and work as a team to chart their escape from the room.
A digital platform with challenges in
- Science: Space, Biology, Laws of Motion, Chemistry & More.
- Code breaking with written, audio, video clues.
- Geography: America and the World, Mountains, Rivers, Oceans.
- History: Of computers (e.g. do you know which is the 3rd model in the Apple Computer series)
Stock Trading Game
Students learn the discipline of researched based investing in stocks in a live trading game platform where they will go through the ups and downs of an investor's journey. They will learn about spreading risks, researching companies and as closely as possible replicate the day to day thinking and operations of investment professionals.
Students will learn:
- Researching companies including reading balance sheets, income statements, analyst reports, Stocks vs ETFs.
- Setting Buy and Sell triggers.
- Different type of orders and nuances therein: Limit, Stop, Stop-Limit, Trailing Stops.
- Spreading risk between industries, stocks, and ETFs.
- There will be tons of discussions every day as a simulated trading floor.
Close out Summer with a fun week of Gaming with friends. Coaches will moderate, participate, and facilitate multiple games in groups. Fortnite, Among Us, Roblox, Skribble.io and more
Only $50 for the week.
Morning Camps: 9AM - 12PM. Afternoon Camps: 1PM - 4PM.
Lock in one of the lowest prices of the season
- Half Day (Morning or Afternoon) camp, weekly price:
- Register by midnight Feb 17th: $150
- Register between Feb 17th and March 31st: $170
- Register after March 31st: $180
- Full Day, weekly price:
- Register by midnight Feb 17th: $300
- Register between Feb 17th and March 31st: $340
- Register after March 31st: $360
- Science & Engineering A-HA Box:
- Additional $25 for materials and shipping
- 3D Design and Printing:
- Additional $10 for printing and shipping
Camps for Students in Grades 1 - 2
- Will be offered ONLY IF we are able to offer camps in person without tight restrictions.
- They are currently FREE to register, and will be invoiced upon Thinking Feet's ability to offer camps in person.
- Parents will be informed about feasibility of in person camps, no more than 4 weeks before Camp Start.
Please read COVID situation adjustment policy
A big part of our in-person camps is students bonding and during breaks, playing outside in the open field. We plan to move camps to a physical location ONLY if Mecklenburg County and the State of North Carolina permit operating without a requirement of social distancing.
Even if we open camps at our physical location, you will retain the option of continuing camps online. If, at the time, you choose for your child to attend camp at our physical location, an additional payment would be due at that time.
- Full refund (minus 3% payment processor fees) if canceled at least 4 weeks prior to camp start.
- If cancelled at least 2 weeks prior to camp start: Full refund minus $50 per child per camp
- If cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to camp start: No refund. Amount paid minus $75 (per child per camp) applied as credit towards other Thinking Feet programs (subject to Thinking Feet schedules and availability).
- 'Camp start' is the start date of the camp requesting to be cancelled.
4200 McKee Rd, Charlotte, NC 28270