2 week money back guarantee.
All Classes now offered ONLINE
Mechanics + Electricity & Magnetism
Uses Calculus. Basic understanding of differential and integral calculus is a pre-requisite.
Heavier focus on problem solving than studying theory. Theory and formula handouts will be provided but a greater focus will be on problem solving.
Who will benefit
College Board curriculum followed:
- Motion in One Dimension
- Motion in Two Dimensions
Newton's Laws of Motion
- Introduction to 3 laws & Application
- Circular Motion
Work, Energy, and Power
- Work-Energy Theorem
- Force and Potential Energy
- Conservation of Energy
System of Particles and Linear Momentum
- Center of Mass
- Impulse and Momentum
- Conservation of Linear Momentum, Collisions
- Torque and Rotational Statics
- Rotational Kinematics
- Rotational Dynamics and Energy
- Angular Momentum and Conservation
- Simple Harmonic Motion, Springs, and Pendulums
- Gravitational Forces
- Orbits of Planets and Satellites
Electricity & Magnetism
- Charge & Coulomb's law
- Electric Field and Electric Potential
- Electric Potential Due to Point Charges and Uniform Fields
- Gauss’s Law
- Fields and Potentials of Other Charge Distributions
Conductors, Capacitors, Dielectrics
- Electrostatics with Conductors
- Capacitors, Dielectrics: Capacitors
- Current, Resistance, and Power
- Steady-State Direct Current Circuits with Batteries and Resistors Only
- Forces on Moving Charges in Magnetic Fields
- Forces on Current Carrying Wires in Magnetic Fields
- Fields of Long Current Carrying Wires
- Biot–Savart Law and Ampère’s Law
- Electromagnetic Induction (Including Faraday’s Law and Lenz’s Law)
- Inductance (Including + LR circuits)
- Maxwell’s Equations
About the Instructor
The course will be taught by Mr. Dutt, who founded Thinking Feet. Mr. Dutt has had a long passion for Math (especially Calculus), and Physics. His passions led him to an Electrical Engineering undergrad from one of the top colleges in India, getting into which required students to demonstrate a very advanced command on Math, Physics, and Chemistry. Mr. Dutt has had a long career in Electronic Circuit Design for Microprocessors, Software Engineering, Risk Management, Data Science, prior to starting Thinking Feet. His teaching style is collaborative where the students are constantly engaged in discussions, brainstorming, and problem solving.
2 days a week, one hour each day. Moderate homework.
Days of week will be decided in discussion with registered students.
Pricing (per 4 weeks)
Students who took AP Calculus with Thinking Feet: $225
New Students: $250
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.