Our proprietary curriculum is developed by industry and domain experts investing hundreds of hours in research and development to create the best technology program for your child.
Special Offer!! Pay for 2 programs, attend all 4.
Plus a 2 week money back guarantee.
Your child will go beyond Coding and become a better creative thinker, planner, problem solver in the world of Technology
Learning CODING is not hard at all for kids these days. In fact, if you are just looking for your child to learn CODING, we would not advise you to spend money on any workshop or program. There are plenty of free resources available online that will teach your child some CODING in less than a month.
Why then, you may ask, do we offer such a rich technology offering here at Thinking Feet?
At Thinking Feet, unlike many other workshops, we do not believe in spoon feeding code....we do not simply tell students what to do. Many programs take that approach but there your child is essentially learning how to follow instructions...in technology.
At Thinking Feet, we do hold their hands in the early learning stages but very soon we let our students lead the way through a unique classroom methodology that fosters brainstorming , creative thinking and technology leadership.
The genesis of our curriculum and classroom methodology, STEMs (pun intended) from an objective of developing problem solving and creative thinking aptitude in our students. Our goal is to instill in students the strategies and confidence to embrace any new technology platform and innovate by conceptualizing ideas, coding them and solving through problems as they emerge.
Our students learn to take risks & chances, and embrace failure along the way to learning and success. This has implications beyond just technology enrichment. This journey of coaching and development takes time, which is why our programs span 8 - 12 weeks per unit. To meet this objective, we develop our own curriculum...none of the available online curriculum (free or paid) come even close to what we offer.
What do our classrooms look like?
In our classrooms, you will find a lot of hand raising, diverse set of ideas and thoughts flying all across....students experimenting, making mistakes and learning as they go along....The energy is palpable. Students learn as much if not more from each other's diversity of thought, as they do from the coach.
No Contracts, cancel anytime.
L1: Virtual Robotics with Vex VR
Grades: 1st - 2nd
Fridays 5:15PM - 6:15PM
- Program many logical challenges with the Vex Virtual Robot integrating multiple sensors and motors in a virtual environment.
- Beginner friendly program to learn the fundamentals and algorithms of robotics and developing innovative movements, applications and solutions to challenges.
- Students solve multiple challenges that can only be solved using their keen Vulcan sense of logic and programming prowess: Obstacle avoidance (similar to robotic vacuums), solving mazes, smart cruise control and braking (as present in many automobiles) and much more!!
L2: Web Design and Development
Grades: 3rd - 5th
Fridays 6:30PM - 7:30PM
- Students will design and code fully functioning websites integrating photos, videos, user interaction, navigation to internal and external pages and much more.
- This is a unique program where students learn creative design strategies and coding in HTML plus rapid development tools to create their unique live website they can share with family and friends.
- This is a great first step for students towards building web interactive web applications & games. Our students have used their learning to build functional websites to consolidate their school study links, sports passions and hobbies.
L3: Advanced Game Development in Scratch
Pre-requisite: 6+ months of prior programming experience or Grades 5 and above
Min Grade: 4th+
Tuesdays OR Wednesdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- Our Advanced Scratch program boasts a highly engaging curriculum designed for experienced programmers. If you think Scratch is just simple block coding, think again.
- In the Advanced Game Programming curriculum, your experienced programmer child will learn many sophisticated algorithms to build ultimate challenging games like the Harry Potter Wizarding battle, the Wingardium Leviosa where you cast custom spells based on custom waves of the wand and much more.
- A great program to learn advanced Game Design logic in a very comfortable platform designed by MIT.
L4: 2D & 3D Game development in Unity and C-Sharp
Pre-requisite: 12 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 6 and higher
Min Grade: 5th
Tuesdays 6:30PM - 7:30PM
Wednesdays 5:15PM - 6:15PM
- Unity is the ultimate professional game development platform to build games with hi-def graphics in 2D, 3D.
- Can be installed and played across Virtual Reality Devices, Mobile devices, Desktop or the Web.
- Complete package to build games with cutting edge cinematic graphics, animations and rich functional integrations.
- Using the design platform and the programming language C-Sharp, the Students will learn 3D object creation, implementing Physics functions, collisions and other interactions between objects, the essentials of a Virtual Reality application and associated coding techniques. It will be fascinating!!
L5: Developing Mobile Apps with Android JAVA Studio
Pre-requisite: 24 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 8 and higher
Min Grade: 6th
Saturdays 4:00PM - 5:30PM
- Designed for students ready to take a leap into mature native language programming in the Android Java platform.
- Students will use XML for design and JAVA for programming apps of varying complexity.
- Students will learn user interactions (tap, swipe, shake) integrating Math functions, Random number functions, Image processing. In addition they will learn integration of various APIs: messaging, phone, camera.
- Students take a step into the world of Object Oriented Programming Concepts using JAVA, while building fully functioning Android Apps.
Pricing (per 4 weeks):
Level 1, 2, 3, 4 (one hour a week): $135
Level 5 (90 mins a week): $175
See applicable discounts on Registration page. Level 5 not eligible for 'Pay for 2, do all 4' promotion.
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.