Our proprietary curriculum is developed by industry and domain experts investing hundreds of hours in research and development to create the best technology program for your child.
Special Offer!! Pay for 2 programs, attend all 4.
Plus a 2 week money back guarantee.
Your child will go beyond Coding and become a better creative thinker, planner, problem solver in the world of Technology
Learning CODING is not hard at all for kids these days. In fact, if you are just looking for your child to learn CODING, we would not advise you to spend money on any workshop or program. There are plenty of free resources available online that will teach your child some CODING in less than a month.
Why then, you may ask, do we offer such a rich technology offering here at Thinking Feet?
At Thinking Feet, unlike many other workshops, we do not believe in spoon feeding code....we do not simply tell students what to do. Many programs take that approach but there your child is essentially learning how to follow instructions...in technology.
At Thinking Feet, we do hold their hands in the early learning stages but very soon we let our students lead the way through a unique classroom methodology that fosters brainstorming , creative thinking and technology leadership.
The genesis of our curriculum and classroom methodology, STEMs (pun intended) from an objective of developing problem solving and creative thinking aptitude in our students. Our goal is to instill in students the strategies and confidence to embrace any new technology platform and innovate by conceptualizing ideas, coding them and solving through problems as they emerge.
Our students learn to take risks & chances, and embrace failure along the way to learning and success. This has implications beyond just technology enrichment. This journey of coaching and development takes time, which is why our programs span 8 - 12 weeks per unit. To meet this objective, we develop our own curriculum...none of the available online curriculum (free or paid) come even close to what we offer.
What do our classrooms look like?
In our classrooms, you will find a lot of hand raising, diverse set of ideas and thoughts flying all across....students experimenting, making mistakes and learning as they go along....The energy is palpable. Students learn as much if not more from each other's diversity of thought, as they do from the coach.
No Contracts, cancel anytime.
L1: Robotics with mBOTs with a loaner Robot.
Grades: 1st - 3rd
Fridays 5:15PM - 6:15PM
- Borrow one of our Robots to keep for the period of the course. It is Rent FREE if your child completes the course and the robot is returned in good working condition.
- Program many logical challenges with the mBOTs integrating sensors and motors in a virtual environment.
- Beginner friendly program to learn the fundamentals and algorithms of robotics and developing innovative movements, applications and solutions to challenges.
- Students solve multiple challenges that can only be solved using their keen Vulcan sense of logic and programming prowess: Obstacle avoidance (similar to robotic vacuums), solving mazes, smart cruise control and braking (as present in many automobiles) and much more!!
L2: Game and Animation Coding in MIT Scratch
Grades: 3rd - 5th
Mondays 6:30PM - 7:30PM
- A proprietary curriculum specifically designed for our youngest technology leaders to introduce them to fundamentals of Coding using MIT-Scratch.
- Our curriculum is custom designed to expand the boundaries of your child in creative problem solving while Coding amazing Animations and Games.
- Students learn the fundamentals of Coding algorithms including variable use, sequential and parallel execution of code, simple loops, nested loops, conditional statements and more. In addition they get a solid exposure to debugging - the art of diagnosing problems in code and solving them in an iterative fashion.
L3: Advanced Robotics using Lego EV3 Mindstorms with a loaner Robot!!
Pre-requisite: 6+ months of prior programming experience or Grades 5 and above
Min Grade: 4th+
Tuesdays 6:30PM - 7:30PM
If your child is ready to take the exciting journey into the world of Robotics in an engaging environment of learning and fun like none other then this is the right camp for your child.
We feel it appropriate to warn that this class will be full of problem solving, experimentation, laughing, making new friends, asking questions.
Our Robotics curriculum is built on many innovative programming strategies and equips students with the toolkit and confidence to program their way through any challenging robotics situation they may face.
- Students will integrate color sensors, distance sensors, touch sensors along with multiple motors to Code the Robots and solve challenges of galactic proportions.
L4: Game and Application development in Python
Pre-requisite: 12 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 6 and higher
Min Grade: 5th
Tuesdays 6:30PM - 7:30PM
Wednesdays 5:15PM - 6:15PM
April 2021 - June 2021 (12 weeks)
- Students will start their journey on one of the most prolific computer programming platforms that are used by professionals in many industries as they design many graphic games and applications.
- Starting with simple animations, they will gradually progress into coding multiple games in Python.
- Students start with learning basic Python constructs of functions, conditional statements, loops, delay timers and more. Gradually they learn advanced algorithms of collision detection, use of array lists for spawning multiple instances of game characters and more.
L5: Developing Mobile Apps with Android JAVA Studio (FULL)
Pre-requisite: 24 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 8 and higher
Min Grade: 6th
Saturdays 4:00PM - 5:30PM
- Designed for students ready to take a leap into mature native language programming in the Android Java platform.
- Students will use XML for design and JAVA for programming apps of varying complexity.
- Students will learn user interactions (tap, swipe, shake) integrating Math functions, Random number functions, Image processing. In addition they will learn integration of various APIs: messaging, phone, camera.
- Students take a step into the world of Object Oriented Programming Concepts using JAVA, while building fully functioning Android Apps.
Pricing (per 4 weeks):
Level 1, 2, 3, 4 (one hour a week): $135
Level 5 (90 mins a week): $175
See applicable discounts on Registration page. Level 5 not eligible for 'Pay for 2, do all 4' promotion.
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.