Our proprietary curriculum is developed by industry and domain experts investing hundreds of hours in research and development to create the best technology program for your child.
Special Offer!! Pay for 2 programs, attend all 4.
Plus a 2 week money back guarantee.
Your child's prolific coding journey with Thinking Feet
Your child will go beyond Coding and become a better creative thinker, planner, problem solver in the world of Technology
Learning CODING is not hard at all for kids these days. In fact, if you are just looking for your child to learn CODING, we would not advise you to spend money on any workshop or program. There are plenty of free resources available online that will teach your child some CODING in less than a month.
Why then, you may ask, do we offer such a prolific technology program here at Thinking Feet?
At Thinking Feet, we do not believe in spoon feeding code....we do not simply tell students what to do. Many programs take that approach but then your child is essentially learning how to follow instructions...in technology.
At Thinking Feet, we do hold their hands in the early learning stages but very soon we let our students lead the way through a unique classroom methodology that fosters brainstorming , creative thinking and technology leadership.
The genesis of our curriculum and classroom methodology, STEMs (pun intended) from an objective of developing problem solving and creative thinking aptitude in our students. Our goal is to instill in students the strategies and confidence to embrace any new technology platform and innovate by conceptualizing ideas, coding them and solving through problems as they emerge.
Our students learn to take risks & chances, and embrace failure along the way to learning and success. This has implications beyond just technology enrichment. This journey of coaching and development takes time, which is why our programs span 8 - 12 weeks per unit. To meet this objective, we develop our own curriculum...none of the available online curriculum (free or paid) come even close to what we offer.
What do our classrooms look like?
In our classrooms, you will find a lot of hand raising, diverse set of ideas and thoughts flying all across....students experimenting, making mistakes and learning as they go along....The energy is palpable.
Students learn as much if not more from each other's diversity of thought, as they do from the coach.
No Contracts, cancel anytime.
L1: Foundations in Robotics with Ozobots & mBots
Grades: 1st - 2nd
Thursdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM OR Saturdays 3PM - 4PM
- A curriculum specifically designed for our youngest technology leaders to introduce them to fundamentals of robotics using Ozobots and mBots.
- Program color sensing Ozobots using Blockly to execute many robotic challenges.
- Program mBots to avoid obstacles, do custom navigations and movements.
- Using a simple programming interface, students learn loops, conditional statements and simple algorithms to code these robots to complete numerous tasks with individual creativity
- Students learn about the nuances and challenges when code interacts with machines and develop the skills of iterative testing to ensure machines work as desired.
L2: Intermediate Game & Animation Programming with MIT-Scratch
Grades: 3rd - 5th
Friday 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- Beginner friendly program where students start with basics and accelerate quickly into learning advanced programming algorithms with MIT Scratch.
- Students build multiple visual games and applications using a very simple yet powerful tool.
- They learn simple and nested loops, conditional statements, sequential and parallel processing of code and multiple algorithms along with creative design as they code many games and visual applications.
- While coding students learn many debugging techniques in their journey to become independent problem solvers.
- Students take their first steps into the world of coding in a fun and engaging learning environment.
L2: Intermediate Robotics - Lego EV3 Mindstorms and Ozobots
Min Grades: 3rd
Tuesdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM OR Saturdays 3PM - 4PM
- Students learn fundamentals of robotics as they program multiple sensors and motors to solve many logical challenges using the Lego EV3 Mindstorm and color sensing Ozobots.
- They learn about the nuances of code interacting with physical machines while anticipating and managing associated imperfections
- Students solve many creative challenges including a final project that they present to a group of peers and parents.
L3: Advanced Game Development in MIT Scratch
Pre-requisite: 6+ months of prior programming experience or Grades 5 and above
Min Grade: 4th+
Tuesdays or Wednesday 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- Our Advanced Game Development Scratch program is the most advanced Game Development program for experienced programmers.
- If you think Scratch is just simple block coding, think again. In the Advanced Game Programming curriculum, your experienced programmer child will learn many sophisticated algorithms to build ultimate challenging games like the Harry Potter Wizarding battle, the Wingardium Leviosa where you cast custom spells based on custom waves of the wand and much more.
- Students will learn advanced techniques of using dynamic variables, nested loops and creating re-usable code in this advanced unit.
- A great program to learn advanced Game Design logic in a very comfortable and powerful platform designed by MIT.
L4: Game and Application development in Python
Pre-requisite: 12 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 6 and higher
Min Grade: 5th
Mondays 6:40PM - 7:40PM OR Saturdays 3PM - 4PM
- Campers will start their journey on one of the most prolific computer programming platforms that are used by professionals in many industries as they design many graphic games and applications.
- This is a beginner friendly camp for students in rising grades 6 and up, but also suitable for rising 5th graders with prior programming experience.
- Starting with simple animations, they will gradually progress into coding multiple games in Python
L5: Computer Science with JAVA. Read more HERE
Pre-requisite: 24 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 8 and higher
Min Grade: 7th (exceptions allowed with extensive prior coding experience)
Sundays 3:00PM - 4:00PM (Online Class)
- This unique program will start with the basics of JAVA and cover content of AP Computer Science courses of high school, but in much greater depth and breadth.
- Program pacing will be very comfortable for middle and high schoolers with prior exposure to coding.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of object oriented programming, algorithms, basic data structures and more as they take their first major leap into the world of computer science.
- We have developed this program in partnership with Computer Science professors from some of the top universities in the country.
Pricing (per 4 weeks):
Level 1: $105.
Level 2, 3, 4: $135
Level 5: $150
Eligible for: Pay for 2 programs, attend all 4 programs (Coding & Tech, Math, ELA, Public Speaking)
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Matthews, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.