Presenting CLON (Continue Learning Online). Learning should not stop just because schools are closed and you are working from home. Classes available for Adults and Kids.
How does Thinking Feet online work?
Classes held via video conferencing. See timing below in the registration form.
Students will need a computer for Coding classes.
Students will need either a computer or a tablet for Math/ELA classes.
FREE to attend with the option to Pay what you can.
Who will benefit?
Students who want to maintain continuity, need help with specific topics or refresh topics they have learnt. They can try new areas like Public Speaking that they have not tried before. We are enabling a platform for each child to get value from it in their own way.
Adults looking to learn new skills.
We will keep adding more classes in the future.
Classes for Kids
April Fool's Speech & Fantasy Debate.
Grades 1 - 2: April 1st. 10AM - 11AM.
Grades 3 - 5: April 1st. 2PM - 3PM.
April Fool's Speech
- Prepare a speech about your day on April 1st.
- Let your imagination run wild, include creative details and weave them into a story line format.
- Practice at home to prepare.
- Deliver it to your peer group via video conference.
- Suggest using a microphone enabled headset when speaking.
- You will be given a fantasy setting (example: Red Riding Hood vs Wolf), and a topic (example: Should the Wolf be allowed to stay along with Red Riding Hood).
- You will be randomly assigned the role of one of the characters and you will make a case and debate in favor of your stance.
Marvel Avengers. Crisis Committee. Grades 6+. April 2nd. 2PM - 4PM.
- You will be randomly assigned a role from the Avenger's characters along with the Crisis that will be discussed.
- You will be supplied with some reading materials on the topic. To be effective students should read the materials beforehand.
- You will then come to the table with an opinion and suggestions on how to proceed to resolve the crisis, and engage in a discussion via video conference. You will be able to form alliances with others, strategize and work as a team.
Microsoft Excel Fundamentals
Thursday March 26th. 2PM - 3PM.
- Build a company P&L in Microsoft Excel with multiple tabs.
- Learn about efficiency tricks to do things faster.
- See why Excel experts rave about Pivot Table.
- If we get time we will also get into vLookups and hLookups.
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county in the Wingate University campus. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.