We are taking a unique approach to science enrichment with a mission to educate your child on the many why's of science around us. They will not only learn but apply the concepts to create a fun learning path in the world of science and invention
Your child will dive into many scientific phenomena using simple objects and equipment. In a safe environment, the program will cultivate their curiosity and develop them into confident and superior science problem solvers. In our highly engaging classrooms, students will build hypothesis, discuss and collaborate as they experiment their way through the amazing world of Science.
A truly unique program developed by professionals with a deep background in STEM and many hours of research and development keeping in mind your child's inquisitive aptitude in asking the WHY's.
Three pronged approach
A solid foundation of Science Theory
Experimentation to solidify understanding of theory and appreciate the variances encountered between theory and practice
Stretching of their imagination as the classroom fosters discussion on the many HOW's, WHY's and WHAT-Ifs
After all Einstein himself said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research."
Matter and Fluid mechanics, Newtonian mechanics, Physical Chemistry
Grades: 3rd - 6th
Jan 2019 - March 2019 (12 weeks)
- Explore different types of matter with a specific focus on fluids.
- Use the understanding of capillary action in practical uses for Chromatography and Forensic chemistry.
- Understand and visualize concepts behind airplane flight. Connect Newton's laws to well known (and some not so well known) principles that govern flight.
- Investigate Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids by making Slime and Oobleck.
- Advance the scientific concepts behind slime to learn about natural and synthetic polymers.
- Create a model of the human DNA.
- Develop a deeper understanding of elements and acid/bases. Experiment on the application of physical chemistry in building simple sources of electricity.
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county in the Wingate University campus. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.