Our proprietary curriculum is developed by industry and domain experts investing hundreds of hours in research and development to create the best technology program for your child
Your child will go beyond Coding and become a better creative thinker, planner, problem solver in the world of Technology
Learning CODING is not hard at all for kids these days. In fact, if you are just looking for your child to learn CODING, we would not advise you to spend money on any workshop or program. There are plenty of free resources available online that will teach your child some CODING in less than a month.
Why then, you may ask, do we offer such a rich technology offering here at Thinking Feet?
At Thinking Feet, unlike many other workshops, we do not believe in spoon feeding code....we do not simply tell students what to do. Many programs take that approach but there your child is essentially learning how to follow instructions...in technology.
At Thinking Feet, we do hold their hands in the early learning stages but very soon we let our students lead the way through a unique classroom methodology that fosters brainstorming , creative thinking and technology leadership.
The genesis of our curriculum and classroom methodology, STEMs (pun intended) from an objective of developing problem solving and creative thinking aptitude in our students. Our goal is to instill in students the strategies and confidence to embrace any new technology platform and innovate by conceptualizing ideas, coding them and solving through problems as they emerge.
Our students learn to take risks & chances, and embrace failure along the way to learning and success. This has implications beyond just technology enrichment. This journey of coaching and development takes time, which is why our programs span 8 - 12 weeks per unit. To meet this objective, we develop our own curriculum...none of the available online curriculum (free or paid) come even close to what we offer.
What do our classrooms look like?
In our classrooms, you will find a lot of hand raising, diverse set of ideas and thoughts flying all across....students experimenting, making mistakes and learning as they go along....The energy is palpable. Students learn as much if not more from each other's diversity of thought, as they do from the coach.
Starting week of Mar 18.
No Contracts, cancel anytime. Pricing from $80/mth with eligible discounts on Registration Page.
Foundations in Computer Programming with MIT-Scratch
Pre-requisite: no prior programming knowledge required
Grades: 1st - 3rd
Tuesdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- A curriculum specifically designed for our youngest technology leaders to introduce them to fundamentals of robotics using MIT-Scratch.
- Students learn the fundamentals of algorithmic thinking as they build multiple visual games and applications using a very simple yet powerful tool.
- They learn about loops, conditional statements and simple algorithms along with creative design as they code many games and visual applications.
- Students take their first steps into the world of coding in a fun and engaging learning environment.
Website Design and Development (also available online)
Pre-requisite: None, no prior programming knowledge required
Min Grades: 3rd
Tuesdays OR Wednesdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- Students will design and code fully functioning websites integrating photos, videos, user interaction, navigation to internal and external pages and much more.
- This is a unique program where students learn creative design strategies and coding in HTML plus rapid development tools to create their unique live website they can share with family and friends.
- This is a great first step for student towards building web interactive web applications & games. They can use their learning to build functional websites to consolidate their school study links, sports passions and hobbies.
Android Mobile App Design and Development with MIT App Inventor- Intermediate
Pre-requisite: 6+ months of prior programming experience or Grades 5 and above
Min Grade: 4th+
Thursdays 6:40PM - 7:40PM
- Students program multiple sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, microphone etc) on a mobile phone or tablet as they learn the fundamentals of designing and coding apps and games on Android.
- The fully functioning apps and games students build can be shared with family, friends and published on Google Play Store.
- While building multiple Games and Applications, students will learn about coding and capturing different user interactions (tap, swipe, shake etc), translating text to voice, voice to text, visual animations and design best practices.
- A unique program combining creative design and coding in one of the cutting edge platforms.
Mobile Apps and Games Design and Coding in Android JAVA - Advanced
Pre-requisite: 12 months of prior programming experience OR Grades 6 and higher
Min Grade: 5th
- Designed for students ready to take a leap into mature native language programming in the Android Java platform.
- Build fully functioning Android apps using the all powerful Android JAVA platform.
- Take a significant step into the world of Object Oriented Programming Concepts using JAVA, while building fully functioning Apps
- A great unit for students ready to take the next big leap in Coding and Computer Programming.
Thinking Feet’s main learning center is located in the Ballantyne area in Mecklenburg county. We are just minutes away from nearby Blakeney, Weddington, Marvin, Waxhaw, Pineville, Wesley Chapel, Piper Glen and Fort Mill, SC.